I’ve always wanted to blog about girly things like skincare, haircare, makeup, etc but I never really saw myself as that all around girl stuff guru. However if there’s one thing girly I know about it’s lipstick. It’s the only makeup I wear and know how to put on.
I prefer wearing a lipstick cause I hate how pale my lips look. For the years I’ve been wearing lipstick my dilemma has always been how to prevent it from being wiped off.
Kylie’s liquid lipstick does the trick. It can last the entire work day without being wiped off. I drink, eat, brush my teeth and it’s still on my lips. Granted that it can be quite pricey and it’s only available in the US. It’s worth it for the quality of the product.
Besides being long lasting, the Kylie’s liquid lipstick have a good wand, the term used for the applicator. The mattes are also not that drying. It does feel a bit dry on your lips when you apply it but I don’t have that super chapped lips effect like when I wear MAC matte lipsticks.
Though the variety of shades/colors isn’t that wide yet like Colourpop. The Kylie Lipkit already has the basic shades for multiple occasions and Kylie releases a few shades every few months so it’s all about patience. 🙂
So far I’ve tried Koko K, Candy K, Posie K and 22. Candy K and 22 are my favorites. The next shade I’m planning to get next is Kristen
Me using Candy K (on the left) and 22 (on the right)
Some tips to get your money’s worth:
- Before buying a color make sure it’ll suit you. By checking swatches of people of the same skintone and lip color as you.
- If you’re like me and don’t know/care about lip liner opt to buy the liquid lipstick only. It’s still long lasting on its own.
- Mix and match shades to produce new shades. I use a lipstick as a base and then I apply the liquid lipstick. Then it comes off as a different shade. Depending on the brand of lipstick sometimes it’s a bit easier to wipe off because of the added component but still lasts pretty long.
Some tips in general:
- Sometimes I use lipbalm after putting on the liquid lipstick to counter the dryness although this also makes it easier to come off.
- I don’t have a makeup remover since I’m no makeup guru so I wipe the liquid lipstick off with a wet wipe instead of tissue or a cloth.
- Avoid multiple coatings. It feels weird when you apply a second coating.
All photos are from Kylie Cosmetics (except the ones with me in it 🙂 )